For the same reasons that a massage is relaxing, it can also soothe anxiety and depression. Massage has been proven to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol, reducing the physiological effects of stress. Massage also boosts the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which are responsible for regulating mood, hunger, focus and sleep and give a sense of well-being, contentment, and pleasure. Massage tilts the balance away from stress and toward relaxation and healing. What’s not to like?
Here are some people might seek out massage for mental wellbeing:
- Professionals who rely on their mental sharpness or physicality to be successful
- Artists and creatives who need to create
- Those who are burned out, or suffering from physical and mental fatigue
- Caretakers, Parents, and people who give for a living
- Anyone who needs some self care, some me-time
- Those who have a referral from a mental health professional for massage to support counseling
We all need to be at the top of our game, and massage can give you the support to give your best. Click below for more information on rates policies and how to book a session.